American Heart Association CPR Course (Basic Life Support)
The American Heart Association CPR Course is recommended for health care providers and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support. The class uses realistic scenarios and simulations to cover adult, infant and child CPR as well as ventilation using a barrier device, Automated External Defibrillation and choking relief for adults and infants.
The class uses QCPR training manikins which give the American Heart Association Certified CPR instructor real-time information about how a student performs chest compressions and airway ventilation. This feedback allows instructors to relay quality information to students and offer suggestions on how to improve their technique. This reassures students they can perform high-quality CPR that will save lives.
Cost for the class is $50. Registration closes 1 day prior to class.
• Each student will be screened for symptoms and temperature
• A mask will be worn during class
• One student will sit per table
• All surfaces and mannequins are disinfected prior to each class
• Hand sanitizer/soap & water is available
Parking: Please park across the street in the Home Health & Hospice/Yorkshire Eye Clinic lot to ensure the ambulance can exit quickly in an emergency.
* The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in CPR and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the Association