Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
Brookings Health System offers local, complete orthopedic care with leading-edge technology and procedures. Our Mako robotic-arm assisted surgery system transforms the way knee replacement and hip replacement surgery is performed and helps patients at any age reduce pain, improve function and maximize quality of life.
How Mako Technology Works
Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology provides you with a personalized surgical plan based on your unique anatomy. First, a CAT scan of the diseased hip or knee joint is taken. This scan is uploaded into the Mako System software, where a 3D model of your hip or knee is created. This 3D model is used to pre-plan and assist your surgeon in performing your joint replacement procedure.
Key Benefits of Mako robotic-arm surgery include:
- Patient Benefits: Relieves pain caused by joint degeneration, shorter hospital stays and recovery times and improved patient outcomes.
- Enhanced Surgeon Capabilities: Allows surgeons to create a patient-specific 3D plan for joint replacement with a more predictable experience and high degree of accuracy.
- Highly Trained, Expert Staff: Experienced surgeons and trained orthopedic surgical team undergo comprehensive training to perform procedures and care for patients
- Why Choose Brookings Health: Offers a new, technologically advanced operating room and personalized procedures tailored to the patient.
Watch & Learn
Patients Al Kurtenbach, Jim Mohs and Bud Eggers share their experience with Mako robotic-arm assisted surgeries. Listen to Dr. Mark Mayer describe how orthopedic surgeons use the Mako robotic-arm assisted technology to more accurately replace hip and knee joints.
- Sports Medicine
- Brookings Hospital
- Avera Medical Group Specialty Care
- Madison Regional Health System
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Joint Camp is a free, 60-minute educational session for individuals who are having, or are thinking about, knee or hip joint replacements.Education Orthopedics