Our mission is to provide high-quality, compassionate, personalized health care. Our greatest hope is that we fulfilled our mission to you while you were in our care.
From time-to-time, patients ask us how they can thank us and our team members for the care they’ve received. As such, we’ve established the MyThanks Matters grateful patient program which allows patients to give back to Brookings Health System by whichever means best suits them.
Share Your Contribution
A financial gift made to Brookings Health System Foundation helps support ongoing programs within and throughout the health system including:
- Financial assistance for in-need patients
- Continuing education for care providers
- Health and wellness education within the community
- Facility, equipment and technology upgrades
Your contribution may also honor a caregiver who made a difference in your stay, including a doctor, nurse, housekeeper, dietary aide or any team member.
Learn more about the Foundation here.
Share Your Time
Volunteering time to Brookings Health System helps enhance the experience of patients, residents and visitors at our facilities. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Helping patients and visitors navigate Brookings Hospital at the information/wayfinding desk
- Assisting with daily operations and sales at the Brookings Hospital gift shop
- Providing companionship to patients in the hospital’s Inpatient Care unit
- Assisting parents in the labor and delivery process as a labor or postpartum doula
- Registering participants at New Beginnings Baby Café, a breastfeeding support session
- Visiting with hospice patients and supporting family members
- Assisting with resident activities at The Neighborhoods at Brookview skilled nursing home
Learn more about volunteering opportunities here.
Share Your Story
Telling others about the exceptional care experience at Brookings Health System helps bring more patients to our doors. Ways you can share your story include:
- Recording your story with us for use in web, radio and print ads
- Rating us and leaving positive reviews on web and social media sites like Facebook and Google
Retired Physician Assistant Rod King recently joined Brookings Health System Foundation’s board of directors. He was elected at the May 12 board meeting to serve a two-year term through December 2023.
On June 28 representatives from Brookings Health System and Team Isaac gathered to dedicate New Beginnings Birth Center’s nursery in honor of Isaac Scot Hemmestad, the son of Team Isaac founders Jason and Amber Hemmestad. The Isaac Scot Nursery recognizes the funds given to Brookings Health System Foundation by Team Isaac.
Brookings Health System Foundation will hold the 13th annual Aiming to Inspire Health fundraiser, presented by First Bank & Trust, on Thursday, Aug. 11 from 3 to 8 p.m. at Brookings Gun Club, rural Brookings, S.D.