Our mission is to provide high-quality, compassionate, personalized health care. Our greatest hope is that we fulfilled our mission to you while you were in our care.
From time-to-time, patients ask us how they can thank us and our team members for the care they’ve received. As such, we’ve established the MyThanks Matters grateful patient program which allows patients to give back to Brookings Health System by whichever means best suits them.
Share Your Contribution
A financial gift made to Brookings Health System Foundation helps support ongoing programs within and throughout the health system including:
- Financial assistance for in-need patients
- Continuing education for care providers
- Health and wellness education within the community
- Facility, equipment and technology upgrades
Your contribution may also honor a caregiver who made a difference in your stay, including a doctor, nurse, housekeeper, dietary aide or any team member.
Learn more about the Foundation here.
Share Your Time
Volunteering time to Brookings Health System helps enhance the experience of patients, residents and visitors at our facilities. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Helping patients and visitors navigate Brookings Hospital at the information/wayfinding desk
- Assisting with daily operations and sales at the Brookings Hospital gift shop
- Providing companionship to patients in the hospital’s Inpatient Care unit
- Assisting parents in the labor and delivery process as a labor or postpartum doula
- Registering participants at New Beginnings Baby Café, a breastfeeding support session
- Visiting with hospice patients and supporting family members
- Assisting with resident activities at The Neighborhoods at Brookview skilled nursing home
Learn more about volunteering opportunities here.
Share Your Story
Telling others about the exceptional care experience at Brookings Health System helps bring more patients to our doors. Ways you can share your story include:
- Recording your story with us for use in web, radio and print ads
- Rating us and leaving positive reviews on web and social media sites like Facebook and Google
Brookings Health System Foundation will hold the ninth annual Aiming to Inspire Health sporting clays fundraiser, presented by First Bank & Trust, on Thursday, Aug. 9 from 3 to 8 p.m. at Medary Creek Hunt Club, rural Aurora, S.D.
Brookings Health System’s Board of Trustees recently approved plans to build a new ambulance station and education center on health system property located along Yorkshire Drive, just south of Brookings Hospital. The health system will break ground later this summer.
Rita Leintz of Sinai considers herself tough. So tough that when she was diagnosed with breast cancer on Oct. 14 last year, she kept up appearances for her family and friends. But inside, Rita felt alone