This class is taught by either RN Sara Klug or RN Aleycia Gerlach, both certified lactation consultants.
The objectives of the class include:
- Steps for successful breastfeeding
- Feeding cues of baby
- Benefits and physiology of breastfeeding
- Nipple assessment
- Importance of diet, nutrition, exercise, and sleep
- Tips for working mothers
- When to use a breast pump
- Possible hurdles to breastfeeding, such as engorgement, plugged ducts, sore nipples, and mastitis.
Cost for the class: FREE
Register online or call (605) 696-9000, ext. 8052.
No dates are currently scheduled for this event. Please check again with us later.