Childbirth Professionals International Birth Doula Workshop
CLASS DATES: Feb. 24 & 25 | 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The workshop is recommended for doulas, nurses, nursing students, lactation counselors, childbirth educators and other health care professionals. It will be led by Victoria Wakeman of Childbirth Professionals (CPI), a certified birth and postpartum doula, childbirth educator and peer lactation consultant.
The CPI Doula Birth and Postpartum certification program is internationally recognized and prepares doulas for an amazing and rewarding career. The comprehensive curriculum prepares doulas to support women through pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. Participants will also learn strategies to build a successful doula business.
After attending this workshop, students will be able to:
- Identify attributes of doula care that improve birth outcomes
- Implement techniques that assist with coping during labor
- Recognize transformative phases of childbirth
- Assist mothers with initial breastfeeding
- Assess state of families during postpartum and provide care
- Write a doula business plan
This workshop meets one requirement in becoming a doula at Brookings Health System.
- Early Bird: $620
- After Feb. 1: $650
Registration fees automatically include certification, membership, and paperless documentation.
Questions may be directed to Victoria Wakeman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (605) 691-9319.
No dates are currently scheduled for this event. Please check again with us later.