COVID-19 Booster Community Vaccination Center
The Brookings County Pandemic Planning and Coordination Committee (PPCC) will hold FREE COVID-19 booster community vaccination centers, also referred to as points of dispensing (PODs), on Monday, Nov. 1 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesday, Nov. 2 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Both events will be held at Swiftel Center, 824 32nd Avenue in Brookings.
Eligible recipients who have completed their primary Moderna or Pfizer vaccination series at least six month prior must meet one of the following criteria to receive a booster:
- 65+ years of age
- 18+ years of age with an underlying medical condition, including asthma, diabetes and obesity
- 18+ years of age who work and/or live in high risk settings, including healthcare workers, teachers and grocery store workers
Additionally, the CDC recommends booster shots for everyone 18+ years of age who received the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine at least two or more months ago.
At the time of appointment, recipients must bring:
- their CDC COVID-19 vaccination record card or other proof of vaccination;
- completed booster administration form;
- a valid ID (driver's license, passport, state-issued ID card, etc.).
- a face mask
Individuals needing transportation to the community vaccination center may schedule a free ride in advance with Brookings Area Transit Authority (BATA) by calling (605) 692-2222.
Individuals who have questions about their appointment at the Community Vaccination Center may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No dates are currently scheduled for this event. Please check again with us later.