MyHealth Patient Portal
MyHealth patient portal gives you secure, online access to your personal health information for your visits at any Brookings Health System facility since January 1, 2012, including hospital stays and clinic appointments at Arlington Medical Center, White Medical Clinic and Yorkshire Eye Clinic.
It’s available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week wherever you have an Internet connection.
MyHealth allows you to:
- View test results and health information from your recent hospital stays
- Request and manage upcoming appointments
- Access discharge instructions and doctor’s notes
- Update your personal health information and manage your medical history
- Provide secure access of your medical record to family members
Ready to Get Started?
To enroll in MyHealth, you’ll need a unique patient code. You can obtain this code when you register for an appointment or hospital stay by giving your personal e-mail address. You may also request a patient code by e-mailing us at MyHealthSupport@brookingshealth.org or by calling (605) 696-8000 during our office hours, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
To activate your account:
- Click the Patient Portal Registration button above.
- Follow the onscreen directions and fill in the requested information, including a username, password, e-mail address, two security questions, name, date of birth and the patient code given to you by Brookings Health System. NOTE: the name field is case sensitive; you will have to enter both your first and last name in ALL CAPS.
- Grant release consent and verify your information.
Once you’ve activated your account, you may login to it anytime using your username and password.
If you have questions about the MyHealth patient portal, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page. If your questions can not be answered by this page, please e-mail Brookings Health System at MyHealthSupport@brookingshealth.org or call (605) 696-8000.
Your health information can be accessed through an application such as those used on a smartphone. Depending on the chosen application, you may be able to access information such as your medications, allergies, or lab results. If you are interested in using an application, please call the Information Technology helpdesk at (605) 696-8080, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.