COVID-19 Instructions for Expecting Parents
We have implemented the following actions to protect the health of expecting parents and babies. Items may change as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
Before Coming to the Hospital
- Please call the OB unit at (605) 696-8052 prior to coming to the hospital so we can escort you to the unit.
- Please let the OB team know if you or anyone in your family has had the following symptoms:
- Fever over 100° F
- Shortness of breath
- Traveled to a foreign country in the last 30 days or been exposed to someone with COVID-19
Tours & Education
- For the protection of our mothers and newborns we are not allowing tours of the unit at this time. You can take a virtual tour online here.
- Since we are not able to provide group classes at our facility, educational books for breastfeeding and labor and delivery will be available at the clinic. These educational booklets contain links to videos that can also be watched.
While at the Hospital
- We will ask you to stay in the room.
- Patients will be allowed one partner plus one birth support person, such as a doula.
- Newborns will be kept in the same room with their mother unless:
- Medical condition of a newborn warrants the newborn to be in nursery.
- Medical procedures needing to be done in the nursery, such as circumcision.
- Siblings will not be allowed to visit.
- We are currently NOT allowing anyone in the family room. Please let the staff know if you would like a snack or beverage from the family room and they will get it for you.
- New Beginnings Baby Café lactation support will be provided via call in phone service.
Please contact the OB unit at (605) 696-8052 with any concerns or questions.