First Aid Class
Brookings Health System's First Aid class is designed for bystanders to recognize and respond to an emergency. It teaches students critical skills that may save a life, including how to respond and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services arrive. Topics include how to treat the most common life-threatening emergencies, including bleeding, sprains, broken bones and shocks.
The course is designed for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid to meet job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA) or other requirements. It is ideal for daycare providers and includes bystander CPR.
Cost for the class is $50. Registration closes 1 day prior to class.
Parking: Please park across the street in the Home Health & Hospice/Yorkshire Eye Clinic lot to ensure the ambulance can exit quickly in an emergency.
• Each student will be screened for symptoms and temperature
• A mask will be worn during class
• One student will sit per table
• All surfaces and mannequins are disinfected prior to each class
• Hand sanitizer/soap & water is available