Pay Your Bill
At Brookings Health System, we strive to make the bill paying process easy and understandable with patient-friendly statements, caring staff available to answer your questions, and financial assistance programs available to help you pay your bill.
Our Patient Financial Advocate Pledge
By taking the American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management (AAHAM) Patient Financial Advocate Pledge, Brookings Health System agrees to:
- Educate patients on healthcare financial language and terms to assist in making informed decisions.
- Assist the patient in qualifying for other programs such as medication assistance programs and insurance coverage.
- Educate patients on hospital financial assistance programs and assist in the application process.
- Treat all patients equally and fairly.
- Offer payment plans as an option for balance resolution.
- Agree that no legal proceedings will be utilized until all other options have been attempted.
- Ask for feedback to learn how our staff and procedures are perceived to ensure continued quality enhancements.
To fulfill the tenets of the pledge, Brookings Health will follow AAHAM’s Navigating Insurance Complexity through Education (NICE) promise. Those components include:
- Assist patients with knowing how to contact the correct hospital personnel for help with a specific question.
- Inform patients of programs and grants available and how to apply.
- Explain where the patient can find price estimates prior to their next service date.
- Identify insurance coverage for patients that have not been billed.
- Explore other types of insurance that could be applicable.
- Reduce the expense burden by offering monthly balance resolution options.
- Qualify patients for financial assistance programs.
- Educate patients on their insurance benefits.
- Coach patients on healthcare financial language so they can make informed decisions.
Business Office Hours and Location
Business Office Address
Brookings Health System
300 22nd Avenue Brookings, SD 57006
Business Office Hours
Our office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. every week day.
Contact the Business Office
Contact us with billing questions, insurance questions, or payment issues. Our office is located inside Brookings Hospital. Please inquire at the information desk and one of our friendly customer service representatives will gladly help you.
You may also call Patient Accounts at (605) 696-8030.