COVID-19 Community Vaccination Center
The Brookings County Pandemic Planning and Coordination Committee (PPCC) will hold a COVID-19 community vaccination center, also referred to as a point of dispensing (POD), on Thursday, Mar. 11 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Swiftel Center, 824 32nd Avenue in Brookings.
Following the South Dakota Department of Health’s vaccination plan, the community vaccination center will serve Brookings County residents age 65 and older and persons with one of the following underlying medical conditions:
- Asthma (moderate to severe)
- Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Diabetes Mellitus (type 1 and type 2)
- Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system)
- Liver disease
- Neurological conditions, such as dementia
- Pulmonary Fibrosis (having damaged or scarred lung tissues)
- Severe obesity (BMI ≥40 kg/m2)
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Thalassemia (a type of blood disorder)
Limited vaccine doses will be available. Registration is required and walk-ins will not be accepted. Recipients must register in advance and must commit to receiving a second dose on April 8.
At the time of appointment, recipients must bring:
- valid ID (driver's license, passport, state-issued ID card, etc.)
- completed vaccine administration form
Individuals needing transportation to the community vaccination center may schedule a free ride in advance with Brookings Area Transit Authority (BATA) by calling (605) 692-2222.
To register for a vaccine, please call (605) 692-2811 or visit the link below.
Individuals who have questions about their appointment at the Community Vaccination Center may email firstname.lastname@example.org.