New Beginnings Birth Center
At New Beginnings Birth Center, we welcome the arrival of 350 babies each year. We're proud to be a Baby-Friendly Designated hospital which means we've implemented policies and procedures to encourage and help mothers successfully breastfeed their babies.
Our experienced nursing staff and highly-skilled OBGYNs, combined with our comfortable labor and delivery area provide you with high-quality, comfortable care right here in Brookings.
Labor and Delivery
Our eight-bed maternity unit includes five labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum (LDRP) suites which are fully-equipped to accommodate the entire LDRP process in a comfortable atmosphere. The LDRP suites are outfitted with:
- Private bathrooms with whirlpool bath and shower
- Glider chairs
- Birth balls
- Bose® Bluetooth Speaker
- Bassinet complete with baby supplies
- Fold-out couches for the comfort of the father/partner/support person
- Selection of snacks available for the father/partner/support person
- Cordless fetal monitoring system to allow expecting moms freedom of movement during labor and delivery
Tour New Beginnings Birth Center
You may schedule an in-person tour of New Beginnings Birth Center any day of the week. Please call (605) 696-9000, ext. 8052, to schedule your tour. Cost: FREE
Don't have time for an in-person tour? Watch our video tour of New Beginnings Birth Center.