Brookings Health System's Food and Nutrition Services offer a variety of food and nutrition services to patients, visitors, employees, as well as residents of The Neighborhoods at Brookview and Brookhaven Estates.
The cafe is open seven days a week. Daily features include assorted hot and cold beverages, self-serve salad bar, soup of the day, choice of two entrees and fresh baked goods. In addition, a Grab-and-Go cooler provides a variety of snack and deli items.
Vending machines with assorted beverages and snacks are also located throughout the hospital.
Breakfast: 6:45 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
Lunch: 10:45 a.m to 1:30 p.m.
Dinner: 4 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
Star Card Program
Brookings Health System's cafeteria participates as a Star Card site in ICAP's 60's Plus Dining program. Participants purchase a pre-paid meal card from ICAP which they may use at the cafeteria or other participating Star Card sites.
To best experience our food and our people, we recommend dining during lunch service. Our lunch service runs from 10:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The most menu options are available Monday through Friday. Wednesdays we have a rotation of bars: taco, nacho, and potato.
Our menus are printed monthly and available to Star Card participants by asking the cafeteria front-line staff. Items on the menu are all available as Star Card items along with bread, milk, and a bowl of fruit from the salad bar or a small bottle of juice.
Star Card Lunch Options
- Cheeseburger, French fries and menu vegetable
- One trip through the salad bar
- Grilled cheese and daily soup
- Personal pan pizza – Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Build your own sandwich – Tuesday, Thursday
- All include bread, milk, and coffee or tea.
Star Card Breakfast Options
- 2 eggs and 2 sausage links/2 bacon slices
- Oatmeal with 2 sausage links/2 bacon slices
- Breakfast sandwich – Tuesday
- 2 biscuits and sausage gravy – Thursday
- Hash browns may be offered with breakfast along with fruit, milk, coffee or tea.